- Фонд «Родительский м...
All efforts of Parents Bridge Foundation are aimed to ensure the exercise of the child’s right to live in a family, whether natural one or adoptive. The work of the Foundation started in 1985 when parents of St. Petersburg formed a public organization which united those who felt it was their duty and mission to give a chance to each child to live a decent life in a family; and on 4 December 1996, when the Law of the Russian Federation “On Benevolence” was passed, Parents’ Bridge, St. Petersburg Public Charitable Foundation, was registered. For more than 20 years, the Foundation has been carrying out training programs for adoptive and foster parents, assisting in placement of orphans and abandoned children in duly trained families, and providing support to adoptive families. The Foundation helps families which faced a tight situation in life and develops performance standards, unites colleagues who work in the area of social services, holds workshops and conferences.
The Foundation develops the following lines of its activities:
1. Since 2003, prevention of orphanhood of babies and toddlers under the auspices of the charitable programme From Despair to Hope. The program includes:
- crisis response at maternity hospital No. 16
- professional assistance to families with young children in the crunch
- support of families that placed their children in child care centres on a temporary basis
- maintenance of a department assisting women with children who faced a tight situation in life.
2. Since 1997, training of citizens who wish to parent a child deprived of parental care as part of the charitable programme Angels with Broken Wings.
In 2012, the Parents Bridge Foundation was provided with the state authority to train citizens wishing to parent a child deprived of parental care.
3. Since 1993, providing a follow-up to families with adopted children as part of the charitable programme The Sun Way aimed to prevent repeated orphanhood. Under the auspices of this programme, professionals of the Foundation provide professional assistance to families with adopted children in the crunch, including kin foster parents who asked for help on their own.
4. Professional development of the network of professionals engaged in the area of social orphanhood prevention and family placement of children deprived of parental care; development of professional standards. Improvement of professional competency of professionals engaged in the sphere of area of prevention of orphanhood and child placement in families. Drawing attention of the state, civil society, and business to the issue of child orphanhood. These activities are conducted under the auspices of the charitable programme The Bridge to Children of Russia.
Hepl us: www.rodmost.ru/helpus/
Address: 191028, Russia, St. Petersburg, Mohovaya st., 30, bld.G.
Tel./Fax.: +7(812) 272-2364, 272-6851.